
The world is getting boners for soccer-even google. (scroll to the bottom of that screen). From now until the end of the world cup, I'm going to do some world cup links on Wednesdays(because Wednesday and World cup both start with W). Since most of you have joined the fantasy world cup game we're playing, this seems an appropriate spot for the material. (Hint: click that link to join if you have not yet done so.) I'll still do Thursday baseball links, so if you are a true amurcan, you can just avoid Wednesdays.
The world cup starts Friday. Does anyone else rock an iphone? I never know if I'm talking to anyone but myself. This handy app from espn (free dollas and free cents) will tell you what time the games are on in your time zone, scores, standings, etc. You can program it to send you texts when your favorite countries are going to play.
Why are we interested in soccer? Probably because we long to be intellectuals.
Wishing to dominate the world cup fantasy league? Would it help to know which jerseys are most counterfeited in china?
An interesting question - why aren't world powers the best at soccer? A weak attempt at an answer, but I like the comparison to women's soccer.
You know that low-pitched buzzing you hear on the television whenever teams are playing soccer? It's a loud, low-pitched buzz in real life. I had a low quality, plastic vuvuzela but I was still able to piss off people at a KC Wizards game.
Not much can top the supercommercial from Nike. But the adidas commercial has snoop.
and this.
Another good world cup commercial, this one from Guy Ritchie
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsizQdNKhGg
Its my favorite.
ohshit - i like that one best by far.
ReplyDelete