Friday, March 25, 2011

Fantasy & MLB Predictions 2011

So this blog is still active and if Jason will kindly do some updating you'll never know it was from last baseball season. As long as you ignore the URL. I'll also post roto scores here each week as long as my team is competitive. It just gets depressing when they sux.

Since last night's draft is behind us I thought it might be a good idea to make our yearly predictions about how this season will play out, both in fantasyland and in real life. Here are my predictions about Battlefield Baseball 2!

Division 1 Rankings:
1. Ray Lankford Thunder (duh.)
2. Moose Tacos (Crazy pitching & CarGo)
3. Harry Doyle (New guy creepin on the come up)
4. Champions of America (This team could really go either way)
5. Jim Abbotteers (Only because this team looks a lot like my team from last year and that didn't go well)

Division 2 (Little League) Rankings:
1. Chin Music (Although a few too many White Sox for my liking)
2. Gilkey's Eyeballs (I think daily roster changes will benefit Luke most, i.e. he'll actually play this season)
3. HENNNDERSON! (Everyone else imagines Superintendent Chalmers yelling this right?)
4. ICanHazBaseball (Can't trust a guy who eats salt lines candy)
5. Jabberwocks (I refuse to believe you can win if you don't spend over $30 on at least one guy in the draft)

Of course in interdivision match-ups Division 1 will dominate landing 4 of the 6 play-off spots until you are all forced to bow down and accept Ray Lankford Thunder as your champion! Here's real baseball:

AL East
BoSox
Crankees*
Os
Rays
Jays

AL Central

Los Tigres
Los Twines
Los Soxes
Los Racistes
Las Royales (notice feminine article)

AL West
Ringers
A'ss
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, California, Unites States of America, North America, Earth
Submariners

NL East
Green Man
Bravos
Pond Scum
Nacionales
Fishies

NL Central
Birds of Red
Men of Red
Bears of Blue
Men of Beer
Men of Space
Men of below .500

NL West
Andre the Giant
The Rock*
Million Dodger Man Ted Dibiase
Rey Mysterio Jr. (He's hispanic and Padres is Spanish?)
Jake the Snake Roberts

Divisional Serieses
Boston over Texas (Steven kills himself)
Detroit over New York
Phillies over Giants
Cards over Rockies

LCSes
Boston over Detroit
Phillies over Cards

WS
Phillies over Boston

MVPs
Albert Pujols
Adrian Gonzalez

Cy Youngs
Cliff Lee
David Price

Add your predictions to the comments!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not doing a full divisional breakdown, as I'm supposed to be working right now. But I wanted to get my WS, MVP, and CY picks out there.

    WS: Boston over Atlanta

    AL CY: Sabathia (backlash to recent strides in more advanced metrics and voters pick the only guy with 20 wins)
    NL CY: Chad Billingsley

    AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez
    NL MVP: Troy Tulowitzki

    I looked back at last year's predictions (which I apparently forgot to do) and a surprising number of you (I think 3 out of 5) picked both CY winners correctly, and 4 out of 5 got Halladay right. Nice work fellas.

    And for the record, I spent more than $30 on several players. A solid year is ahead for the Jabberwocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, according to the draft results on Yahoo!, the most you spent was $28 on Clayton Kershaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? How the hell did I get Justin Verlander so cheap?

    That's just being savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. East:
    Braves
    Phillies
    Nationals
    Marlins
    Mets

    Central:
    Brewers
    Reds
    Cards
    Cubs
    Pirates
    Astros

    West:
    Rockies
    Giants
    Dodgers
    Padres
    Diamondbacks

    East:
    Red Sox
    Yankees
    Jays
    Rays
    Orioles

    Central:
    Twins
    Tigers
    White Sox
    Royals
    Cleveland

    West:
    A's
    Rangers
    Angels
    Mariners

    Phils over Red Sox

    Cy: Ubaldo, Lester
    MVP: CarGo, Crawford

    ReplyDelete
  5. NL
    Right:
    Phillies
    Braves*
    Nats
    Marlins
    Mets (Fold after 96 games)

    Middle:
    Reds
    Cards
    Brews
    Eye-patches
    Stros

    Left:
    Rockies
    Giants
    Padres
    Trolley-dosgers
    D-bags

    AL
    Right:
    Sox
    Rays
    Yanks
    Jays
    O's

    Middle:
    Twins
    Other Sox*
    Royals
    Tigres
    Indians

    Left:
    Texas
    other teams

    WS:
    Texas over Braves

    Cy Young:

    AL:Price
    Nl: Greinke

    MVP:
    AL: Longoria
    NL: Pujols (contract year!)

    ReplyDelete