Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Linksys

Happy Thursday, y'all.

I'm sure you have heard about Hanley Ramirez and the jogging incident. If you haven't seen it with the Florida announcers, you should. No forgiveness from the home announcers, which is good to see. Lots has been written about it, some stuff more informative than others. If you haven't read Morgan Ensberg's blog, it's worth a read on occasion. His take on HRam is about what I would expect from a player.

The end of a sneaky long streak ended last week. Crazy stats. Gagne's streak started in 2002 and ended in 2004, and that's just about how long he was useful. Rivera is about 400 years old and has been useful for about 400 years.

Here is an interesting post about the likelihood of winning today if you won yesterday. I'm not blown away surprised, but I am a little shocked that winning by 10+ runs doesn't make you much more likely to win the next day. The money graph is the line with a small slope about halfway down the post.

You may have noticed that offense has been down. You are right. It has hit some fantasy teams harder than others...(sad face).

Two posts for you to comment on:
2. Is now the right time to trade Greinke away?

5 comments:

  1. It's sad, but I think they need to trade Greinke while some other team will act like he's the next Halladay (which he might be. I'm just saying the Phillies paid through the nose to get him).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of want him traded just because he doesn't deserve this shit.

    We're not taking advantage of his talents. We have a freaking losing record in his starts! And that includes last year, with the Cy! The team just doesn't score, the bullpen doesn't hold leads, and now he's beating himself up in the postgame because he went seven innings and gave up two runs, like that's some sort of failure.

    I sure do like going out to the park as often as I can to see him, but it's going to ruin him. He'll never have a chance at the Hall with this team, and pretty soon he's going to just stop caring. I know I would.

    He should go to the Cardinals. He really wants to hit, so the NL is perfect, and this way I could still come catch an ace every once in a while. Also, he might turn into some sort of perfect machine if he got to work with Dave Duncan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think about the "care factor" for royals fans wishing to trade big g. To a cross-town team/rival, no less. That's the sweetest thing I have ever heard. (single tear)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signing Greinke to an extension was the one smart move the Royals have made in the last decade. Too bad they've pretty much ruined Great-White-Hope Alex Gordon.

    They, at least, have some young studs in the minors, two of whom are basically leading the minors in hitting, Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer. Mike Montgomery is also a stud left-hander. So, there's hope for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wait. Greinke's extension expires in 2012...so much for hope.

    ReplyDelete