I typically don't care for the Cardinals playing on the West Coast as the 10 o'clock start time means that it could be 1 or later before the game ends. It's especially frustrating when they play the Dodgers because no one seems to get to those games on time or stay until the end anyway, so I feel they should just accommodate the Cards' fans in other time zones (sorry Jake).
Tonight however is a different story. By delaying the Cards' game until 10:10 I can watch the Pirates and Nationals get at it without having to flip back and forth. I drafted Stephen Strasburg for $5 and he was the third player I added to my team, the first pitcher. He was the 37th player nominated in our draft, which incidentally is his uniform number. Coincidence? I think not.
If you all want to concede the league to me now, that's fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm a fan of the cards playing in my time zone. I wish we had a balanced schedule so I could see it more than I do now. As for strasburg, I hope the expectations and pressure doesn't get to his head - or he may have to reinvent himself as an outfielder.
ReplyDeleteI came to the blog today to make my own post, but seeing as how it's already touched on, i'll just add it here:
ReplyDeleteHAPPY STRASBURG DAY!
My big plan for the evening is to head home from work, pick up some bbq, crack open a beer, and watch the debut. Couldn't be more excited.
oklahoma joe's?
ReplyDeleteFunny, I had the same plan. Minus the work part. Who's employed nowadays anyway?
ReplyDeleteI just wish the debut wasn't on the same night as a Greinke start.
To add to the viewing enjoyment
ReplyDeletehttp://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=11121
I had forgotten that Matt actually drafted Strasburg, so instead I added the other rookie phenom, Mike Stanton. Don't let me down Big Mike!
ReplyDeleteI've got a giant boner right now.
ReplyDeleteHoly S. Either he's the jeebus of baseball or the pirates are awful. wait...
ReplyDeletethose were some of the nastiest pitches I've ever seen. I mean, the results speak for himself, but even beyond the 14 strikeouts, I've just never seen a pitcher that throws like that. I'd put that curveball, right now, up against any curveball in the majors without thinking twice. and to combine it with an upper 90s fastball with major movement... i'm just amazed.
ReplyDelete