Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Opening Day keeps the doctor away




It's 80 degrees in Chicago today and I'm counting the seconds until opening day. Some of us will be lucky enough to have multiple starters taking to the hill.

I'd say the Josh Hamiltoes probably have the best overall rotation. A 1-2-3 punch of Greinke, Lincecum and King Felix is pretty brutal. And Weaver is one helluva No. 4 starter in this rotation.



Opening Day Starters
The Josh Hamiltoes - 4 (Weaver, Lincecum, Greinke, Hernandez)
Olerud Helmeteers - 4 (Oswalt, Shields, Gallardo, Beckett)
Doc's LSD No No - 3 (Haren, Marcum, Santana)
JasonBere Sluggers - 2 (Jimenez, Verlander)
The Old Mill - 2 (Halladay, Baker)
Tito Landrum Express - 1 (Sabathia)
Jabberwocks - 1 (Carpenter)
Gilkey's Eyeballs - 1 (Johnson)

*amended to reflect blockbuster trade

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I thought it would be cool to see whose starters are facing each other on opening day:

    Doc's Santana vs. Gilkey's Johnson
    Landrum's Sabathia vs. Olerud's Beckett
    Hamiltoes's Lincecum vs. Olerud's Oswalt
    Hamiltoes's Weaver vs. Mill's Baker
    Hamiltoes's Greinke vs. Bere's Verlander
    Olerud's Gallardo vs. Bere's Jimenez

    This would seem to indicate a slight advantage for Doc as only 1 out of his 4 starters is facing another starter worthy of ownership. Both Olerud and Hamiltoes have 3 out of 4 starters with La Liga battles on their hands. Jabberwocks is the only team with a single opening day starter who faces a team whose starter isn't owned. And even though I'm facing Jeff this week I'll be rooting for that starter.

    The most important opening day match-up with La Liga implications is Gallardo vs. Jimenez as Olerud and Bere are head-to-head this week.

    ReplyDelete