Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday Links

I'll redo links this year. Let me know what you like/don't like to read about. If you don't like it, but someone else does - I'm going to put it up. If no one likes it, I'll keep it to myself. Also, if everyone reads Joe Posnanski every day and you don't need me re-alerting you that he wrote something insightful and great, I can quit posting those. Also, let me know about when you think it should be. I used Wednesday last year because it worked for me, and broke up the week well.

Here are some links:
First, make sure to vote in the auction draft poll on the left side of the blog. 4 people give it thumbs up. Here is a quick article from THT about one man's opinion on the auction system.

The rest of these posts are about the game of baseball (pretty much).

Two from Flip Flop Fly Ball - I'm moving to Arizona. Also, an interesting look at the most common surnames in the bigs. Are you on the list?

Great post about unearned runs from Joe.


All-time HR leaders by team. It's a fun game to block out the right side of the screen and try to guess the player. The second half is top season total per team. This guessing game is harder, though since the era of the juiced ball/player is upon us, most of these are people who played while we were alive.

Lastly, make sure to get your predictions in:

and if you want to subscribe to this in your google reader/other reader...
http://laligabaseball.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
http://laligabaseball.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default

Really lastly, this.(short video)
That is all,
Jake



3 comments:

  1. I like it. Love the article about baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll share another link that I just added to the page under Auction Price Guide. I used this site during the auction draft and it was very helpful.

    It provides a aggregated dollar value for MLB players from a variety of online sources (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS Sports and others) and ranks them based on your league's specific settings.

    I recommend bookmarking it for next year's draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nuts is it that Bonds isn't any team's career HR leader?

    ReplyDelete