Saturday, April 3, 2010

Follow up to "New Stats"

I was going to release this beast later, but Matt's post about New Stats made me think that now would be a good time for this post (mostly because I can't paste a table into a comment). While the odds are low that someone will get a no-no or a cycle on opening day, I bet someone will get a cycle or no-hitter during this season. Both feats are rare, but they do happen.

Cycles

2009200820072006

Felix PieStephen DrewMark EllisChode Figgins (J)

Ian kInsler (G)Christian GuzmanAubrey HuffGary Matthews Jr

Melky CabreraMark KotsayFred LewisCarlos Guillen

Jason Kubel (M)Carlos GomezLuke Scott

Orlando HudsonAdrian BeltreJose Reyes (M)

BJ Upton (O)

Troy Tulowitzki (J)

No-Hitters

2009200820072006

Johnathan SanchezCarlos ZambranoClay BuccholzAnibal Sanchez

Mark Buehrle (H)John Lester (T)Justin Verlander(B)

Mark Buehrle (H)

G= Gilkey's Eyeballs, O=Olerud Helmeteers, T=Tito Landrum Express

M=The Old Mill, B=Jason Bere's Sluggers , J=Jabberwocks, H=Hamiltoes

Let me know what you think of the new categories. I din't get much argument, and I like rooting for a no-hitter and a cycle like nobody's business, so I don't feel bad about it. But I would like to know what you think. I assume this post will get bumped down for opening day (and it should) but I wanted to put this out there. Maybe after the draft poll is done, we can poll on this. Or use the comments. It's all good.

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to point out that I'm the only owner who saw his player accomplish their feat when I saw John Lester no-hit the Royals. So my advice is go watch your pitchers when they play the Royals because you have an increased likelihood of seeing a no hitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opening night and Stattracker isn't working. I guess this is what to expect when it's free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roku doesn't stream mlb.tv for another week and a half. It's like yahoo, mlb, and roku weren't aware the season was starting. Also, if anyone is not purchasing mlb.tv, the cards-reds game is on ESPN360 (now called espn3) tomorrow at 10am (pacific).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post your thoughts on the Roku streaming of mlb.tv (once it actually works). I'm thinking about getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had it last year and I loved it. It's clearer than any other format on which I've ever seen MLB.tv. No jumps, HD whenever the game is in HD, choose home/away feed. The only downside(?) is you can't use player tracker or multiple games at once (at least you couldn't last year). I'll make a post about it/the new features when it comes in.

    ReplyDelete