Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Links

Thursday = Links.

We have a winner in our no-hitter category. In the grand scheme of things, that one point likely isn't going to matter, but it was a fun night (same night as the cardinals-mets marathon). And then Phil Hughes last night was a bummer (luckily he was unowned). Imagine missing a no-hitter because of that play. Or a cycle because of a pesky single.


Get up to date probabilities of your team making the playoffs.

This NYT blog post about what happens to all of the #42 jerseys from Jackie Robinson day answered a question I never knew I had. Not quite the same, but good nonetheless, is what the NFL did with all of those Colts shirts.

Lastly, I posted a story about floating realignment last Thursday, but there are calls to eliminate divisions altogether, and suggestions that we should not. This would potentially do a lot for the game. I'm already tired of watching the cards play the astros this season, and it's terrible that I only get to see them out in SF for three games a year. What do you think?

And this.


2 comments:

  1. I like how San Diego is leading the division but has the second lowest chance of winning the NL West.

    I remember seeing a thing on ESPN a couple of years ago about a girls soccer team in some third world country that uses Patriots 19-0 shirts as their uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anything, they should at least align the divisions so that each has 5 teams. I've never understood how MLB can have only ONE division with 6 teams, and another with only 4. Quite possibly one of the dumbest things in sports, other than the DH, of course.

    ReplyDelete